Vista Boot Screen Contest!

Title: Windows Vista Boot Screen Contest

Description: It is my pleasure to be able to propose a contest dedicated to the creating of Windows Vista Boot Screens. Since the new OS does not include a boot screen, we shall create one for it. The winning entry will be dubbed "The Official Unofficial Windows Vista Boot Screen." (it sounds more pleasant to be the official of all that is unofficial) In the process, this is a great way to start off this sub forum, because in the end, we create the wide variety of boot screens our society desires for "personal" preferences.

Specs: Entries must be at 640 x 480 / must be 16 color (4-bit) - (color tutorial click here) - only read the tutorial on how to use the 4-bit pallet. Do not attempt to test your boot screen from this tutorial's method. I highly suggest Wincustomize's boot screen changer, which is a lot safer!

Rules: Create and submit as many as you like. They must meet the deadline which will be on this date - "January 30, 2007" - All entries can be posted in this thread. Comes the day to judge, I will collect all the entries along with the user names and create a poll. It is there that our audience will decide their favorite boot screen.

Have fun!

Edited by Izlude

Even with a font change it still needs work. I don't mind having the background be black. with white text, in segoue font. this looks to munch like 3.x / 9x boot screen..

great try though.

Make it a simple one. Probably maintain the original Microsoft's progress bar but have an orb logo like Tech_Dude's avatar. Without background wud be nice coz the aurora background already appear on the logon.

Simple. Went for a barely visible flag on most because it's harder to tell it's 16 colors. :)

(That last one, eugh.)

1ff3.th.gif 2ut8.th.gif 3gh7.th.gif

You've Already Won. I can't see anybody beating those.

One thing that really annoys me about vista and xp's boot screens is how the progress bar doesn't tell you a damn thing. Would it be possible to revert to a windows 2000 style bootscreen?

Simple. Went for a barely visible flag on most because it's harder to tell it's 16 colors. :)

(That last one, eugh.)

1ff3.th.gif 2ut8.th.gif 3gh7.th.gif 4jv2.th.gif

The last one on the right is the best so far in my opinion :)

3gh7.th.gif

windowsvistabootscreenfku7.th.gif

These two are the best I've seen so far. My preference is for the first one except that I think the type is too large. It would look nicer around the size it is in that white version.

These two are the best I've seen so far. My preference is for the first one except that I think the type is too large. It would look nicer around the size it is in that white version.

:woot:

It is really a surprise to me that they didn't include a boot screen in the retail build? What in the world? Are you guys sure that it really doesn't come with a boot screen?

Of course, the final build from winlab doesn't have it.. it really doesn't mean that the retail build isn't more polished visually..

I guess the full screen thing doesn't work :p oh well, keep up the good work everyone!

I guess this round logo is overused, because after boot you see it again. In any case here's another. I've never done this before, so, maybe I'll get better as I go along? :rofl:

newvistaox0.th.gif

personally my favorite is the white one by Destroyer of Nations. :woot: