Vista Boot Screen Contest!

Wait, how are you people getting these bootscreens into vista? I thought that if you modified the system file that had the bootscreen in it, vista would refuse to boot?

NO NO NO NO Wincustomize's boot screen changer Will not run in Vista RTM Trust me i had to just run a Repair 10 min ago

Your system will not boot if you use Wincustomize's boot screen changer

as of Now there is no way to change your boot screen in vista..

I can't believe you people still want boot screens. Boot screens are so... yesterday. That's why Microsoft got rid of them with Vista. Maybe they can eventually get rid of the loading bar also.

If you really want a boot screen, here's one for you:

post-19354-1164248900.png

I can't believe you people still want boot screens. Boot screens are so... yesterday. That's why Microsoft got rid of them with Vista. Maybe they can eventually get rid of the loading bar also.

YES!! This one's dope!!!

On the other note, if Microsoft also removes the loading bar, what the heck are we supposed to look at? A blank screen? The loading bar is useful because it shows windows loading. It is a way to tell if your windows crashed or not :)

winvista-boot1.jpgwinvista-boot2.jpg

Windows Vista just has to be different. The first thing you'll notice is there are two bootscreens, separating the low-level code and branding experience. The first bootscreen is an ultra-minimalistic scrolling animation featuring thin green lines which is only accompanied by a short copyright text. The second bootscreen features a full-resolution 32-bit animated glowing Windows pearl, synchronized together with the official startup sound. Credits: Ed Bott

It's interesting to see how progressively smaller the Microsoft text gets

Source

On the other note, if Microsoft also removes the loading bar, what the heck are we supposed to look at? A blank screen? The loading bar is useful because it shows windows loading. It is a way to tell if your windows crashed or not :)

Maybe one day we will be able to push the power button on our computer, and see the Windows logo animation flash up, followed by the login screen.

Maybe one day we will be able to push the power button on our computer, and see the Windows logo animation flash up, followed by the login screen.

Maybe one day we will all run 50,000,000,000 Thz Core 16 Megas on motherboards the size of our fingertips and have holographic screens. But until that day comes I will just deal with a dual bootscreen combination that is kick ass. :)

there is always the /noguiboot sudoeasteregg boot screen which looks nice. Also the windows orb is 4 png images that are animated by the login process authui or w/e but im gonna see what happens if i modify them :-p btw where is the background for the login screen stored at i havnt found the resource yet

That is my actual bootscreen that I use at the moment (apart from it's the 3.0 version.)

Okay I couldn't wait either so here is my favorite from Code.Red http://rapidshare.com/files/5547932/VistaDark.bootskin.html

And Destroyer of Nations http://rapidshare.com/files/5547999/VistaLight.bootskin.html

Oh and the one above this post is quite nice, but illegal. Not copyright or anything, it's just 800x600 when the specification is 640x480. So it won't work.

It's already 16 colour so just resizing it is gonna be really gross, but if anyone has the original in full colour then it could be re-sampled then colour reduced again. Oh also, you can't have the glowing button thing. Sliding image or nothing I'm afraid.

I always wanted the Apple/Macromedia progress daisy thing, but you can't do it without a more major mod of the main kernel than boodskin, and would you trust that?

If you could do it, I'd love to see the Vista Pearl (orb) with the IE7 progress Tron Ring zipping around it.

Edited by bobsobol

correct me if i am wrong but isnt that the same picture as noguiboot... maybe its that i have noguiboot on but i like the loading bar...

• 3 weeks later...